Tuesday 17 July 2007

Democratic Defecit

I was about to trundle off to bed and thought I would look at the latest epistle from Old Grumpy to the Pembrokeans.
Old Grumpy made reference to the apparent appalling conduct of last week's Full Council Meeting of Pembrokeshire County Council, by the new Council Chairman.
Unfortunately, I could not be present (in the public gallery) as I had to take my wife to Carmarthen, but OG' s article headed "DEMOCRATIC DEFICIT" is worthy of reading as to how our Chairman of Council, conducted himself over the important issue of the Cleddau Bridge and how he dealt with the questions that had been submitted.
I must invite readers to click on http://www.oldgrumpy.co.uk and click on this week's article (if you are reading this up to 24.7.07). After that date, click on 17.7.07.
As Old Grumpy is there in the Council Chamber, I leave readers to decide for themselves whether Pembrokeshire County Council conducts itself as a model local authority, deserving of our respect, or not.
Thats for you to decide as I could not possibly comment.

No comments: