Sunday 8 July 2007

My thanks go to Nick Ainger MP, for the time and courtesy in seeing me at his surgery in Tenby, yesterday afternoon.
It was not the time and place for me or lecture him as he is far more aware of the facts and issues, as he after all, raised the matter in the House of Commons in 1994 and presented a 10000 signature petition. That was in the days when signatures were written on paper. I remember paper, well!
Nick's position is well documented and he would welcome the abolition of tolls - whether it came from the bridge being transferred to the Welsh Assembly or from Pembrokeshire County Council.
Nick said that the Welsh Assembly were generally favourable towards my position and he would get a copy of a letter from Dr Brian Gibbons, the Transport Assembly Minister, to me.
It would therefore seem that the ball is now firmly in the court of Pembrokeshire County Council. I will be writing to the County Council Leader, before their meeting this coming Thursday. By e-mail of course. Paper is so old hat!

No comments: